Thursday, May 27, 2010

Learning process

In sociology I think the mains skills needed are, first; that you like theorize about reality a lot, that you like reading complicated things, that if you get to understand them it’s really interesting, and second, you need to want something in your life related with studding and understand people behavior and history, in any of the different areas that this discipline offers you.

About this thing I’ve named, all of them I believe are learned skills, cause this things come about whit your life story, I mean they depend on all the process that you’ve pass trough and what you get from it, that’s what make your abilities and likes, and makes you develop skills in those subjects. This things makes you want something specifically in life. May be why is inborn and it also affect is the capacity to understand everything you are seeing trough your study and working years, I think that’s is just about intelligence… of course that we can discuss about if intelligence is inborn or its determine by other things…

About university, well I think its provide me with what it can provide, and that is knowledge about some particular subjects, but that is all. Certainly could upgrade in some aspects, like bad teachers, facilities, curricular schedule, etc. but the main purpose its full fill it. You learn only what you wanna learn, and the future, beside the foundations on your education, is up to you.


I don’t really know how to be prepared to future, in any aspect of life, including my study area… I am learning things here that didn`t know before, so I’m certainly most prepared now… but I guess we can’t stop and think about it too much, cause we lose the present! And it is all we got.

4 comments:

  1. nice ending cami, it's true that you learn what you like, but that is a consequence of having a lot of crappy classes, like Peroni!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What wise words you've ended with. It's all about the power of now. Are you into Budhism at all?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I believe that you are right about that university provide what it can provide. In psychology for example the practice gives you most of the tools for te future and you can´t learn it in class.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jajaj! Reading complicated things is necessary!!! you´re right.
    I feel that all of us (our classmates) are not shure of his skills for the future, but I think that we are going to be OK!!!
    Greetings,
    Victoria

    ReplyDelete