Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Green is a nice colour


Environmentally practices are completely good and under no circumstances I’ll mock people who put that issue on the top of their life priorities, like tree huggers, even when it may not be one of mines.
In this matter, there are lots of ways to help the earth, starting from the minimal thing, like stop throwing thing at the street or separate the garbage at home to be able to recycle some things, use the organic trash for other purposes, and dump only what really can’t be re use, or ride a bike instead of using buses, and in the other hand, there are also biggest or most compromised things to do, like join an organization and participate in campaigns and all what that imply. But all of them, from the tinniest little action to the biggest compromise to environmentally friendly practices are for sure better than just sit and watch how the earth falls apart.
In my life in particular, I go for the little things so I try to incorporate every green measure that’s possible for me to do; like riding a bike every time I can, also separate garbage into tetra packs, cans, cartons and plastics, and also the organic wastes (that I use for doing compost for the plants) and also use energetic lights, tray to take really good care when using water and use rechargeable batteries.
A really good idea that I’ve just known are the ecological bricks. These are bricks made of used plastics and that we can make in our own houses. You just have to put all the plastic that gets in to a bottle, and where there are no more spaces between the plastics, then is done! And you take it to an ONG that receives them and transform them into ecologic construction material. What a great idea! Isn’t it? I’ll really like to do this, so I’ll start right now!
I believe that in our city we`re so far from been environmentally friendliest, I see people every day throwing thins to the streets! For example, they eat an ice-cream and the wrapper goes right to the ground! When I can, I always tell them “hey, you drop this” and then return them their garbage! It’s a good measure... people might stop and think about it for at least a second and maybe, just maybe, never do it again... there’s no harm in trying.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Cami! I think that is so true what you're saying. There are little actions that we can incorporate to our common days.You shouldn't drop the garbage to the ground, but is something so cultural that we need to change.
    Anyway, go green!

    ReplyDelete