Thursday, April 8, 2010

First erthquake in my life

At February 27th i was peacefully sleeping in my bed whit my one year old daughter that by the way has a cold that day, and I wake up like 10 second before the earthquake started… when it started I stay in bed for a while to see if it just pass like many other quakes, but it just got stronger so I stand up and grab my baby, but like we sleep at the second floor we couldn’t go outside or to the main door and we stay at the door of our room an just wait until it gets calm and I could go down stairs without the fear of falling doing it. When I get to the first floor I saw my mom that was coming to get me so I tell her to come down that we were ok… by that point we were all calm because nothing serious happens in our house or any of us, so we go back to bed, but everyone yn the first floor now, just in case. Like an our later my older brother came to our house, we were really scare cause hes apartment is on a 15 floor so it really shakes hard with the earthquake and we couldn't get in touch with him until that moment. It was a big relief. when he came we ask him if he knows anithing about other relatives, espeacially my grandma, cause she lives alone an she's old so we thought that may fall down or anything, and like the cell pohones were dead we ask my brother that goes to a public phone to call her and my other grandma also.. so he went and came back like in ten minuts and tell us that both of them were ok. After that we were much more calm so finally go back to sleep, and next morning fix everything that the earthquake mess up.
The other part is that my father was in colombia by that time so he got really despered to came back to chile but it was really hard for him because the state of the airport in Stgo. So he took like tree airplanes and a bus from arica to came here... and the sadest part is that we have some relatives in Chillán and they suffer damage in their house but fortunately they are ok beside that. That was pretty much the earthquake to me, i’m not afraid to it, but the consecuenses it have left to so many people is tremendous, and remind us that the earth is powerful and we shouldn’t abuse of her and trat her so wrong.

1 comment:

  1. Poor dad of yours. I can imagine how desperate he must have been. Sorry about your relatives in Chillan.

    ReplyDelete